These Glazed Pork Chops are AMAZING!!! My 10 year old son, is seriously the pickiest kid i know and he probably eats a minimum of 15 foods if that!!! I sat these in front of him for dinner last night and he ate every single bite!!! i was SHOCKED!!!!
For these glazed pork chops, I made a basic rub out of brown sugar and spices. The brown sugar turns into a nice sweet glaze when it’s cooked and you can pretty much season it with whatever herbs and spices you like. I went for spicy with cayenne and black pepper then rounded it out with paprika and garlic powder. A little salt for good measure and it was good to go! Super easy and very tasty. This Glazed Pork Chops recipe is a great week night main dish!
- ¼ cup brown sugar $0.12
- ½ tsp cayenne powder $0.05
- ½ tsp garlic powder $0.05
- ½ tsp paprika $0.05
- ½ tsp salt $0.05
- ¼ tsp black pepper $0.05
- 2 Tbsp olive oil $0.32
- 4 thick cut boneless pork chops $5.97
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cayenne pepper, garlic powder, paprika, salt, and black pepper.
- Remove the pork chops from their package and rub the seasoning mixture over all sides of each chop. The moisture from the meat will help the seasoning to adhere to the surface.
- Heat olive oil in a large, oven-safe skillet over a medium flame. When the oil begins to shimmer, add the pork chops. Cook the chops for about 5 minutes on each side, until nicely browned.
- If your chops are greater than one-inch thick, transfer the skillet to the preheated oven for another 5-10 minutes to finish cooking. Test the chops with a meat thermometer to make sure the internal temperature has reached 145ºF. Cook longer if needed.
- Dredge the chops through the thick sauce in the bottom of the pan just before serving.